Reply to comment
- NEWS RELEASE -
Those who can, do. Those who can do more, teach.
Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - Montreal - Our schools select one week in February to say thank you to our teachers, our hard-working and often under-appreciated front-line workers.
After parents, teachers are the most important adults in students’ lives. They play a large part in the way our children are shaped in body, mind, and soul.
Teachers who work in Nunavik are some of our most valuable resources. A recently recognized educator in the North hoped she was being honoured for her "investment in the community, faith in her students and her attempt to create a welcoming inclusive place, where kids can spread their wings and work towards a good future for themselves".
Teachers don't always get the respect or support they deserve from students and parents. But what if there were no teachers? Who would transform the illiterate into readers and the ignorant into learners? Who would ignite our children’s potential?
Without teachers there would also be no extracurricular activities, Hallowe'en parades, Christmas concerts or breakfast programs, to name a few of the things teachers contribute to outside of the classroom.
Everyone likes to be told that they’re doing a great job. Whether you’re a student, parent, grandparent, or community member, thank a teacher this month.
Thank you, teachers, for loving our children and your profession enough to stick with it even when things get rough; for persisting with every child until he or she is successful; and for providing the opportunity to help our children realize their dreams. You give your time and energy to make our world a better place.
Nakurmiik marialuk for all that you do for our children. You make all of our lives richer because of it.
- Our organization
- Kativik School Board
- Commissioners’ council and executive committee
- General administration
- School operations department
- Regular Sector Schools
- Akulivik - Tukisiniarvik School
- Aupaluk - Tarsakallak School
- Inukjuak - Innalik School
- Ivujivik - Nuvviti School
- Kangiqsualujjuaq - Ulluriaq School
- Kangiqsujuaq - Arsaniq School
- Kangirsuk - Sautjuit School
- Kuujjuaq - Jaanimmarik and Pitakallak Schools
- Kuujjuaraapik - Asimauttaq School
- Puvirnituq - Ikaarvik and Iguarsivik Schools
- Quaqtaq - Isummasaqvik School
- Salluit - Pigiurvik and Ikusik Schools
- Tasiujaq - Ajagutak School
- Umiujaq - Kiluutaq School
- Complementary Services
- Education services
- Training and research
- Adult Education
- Human resources and payroll department
- Finance and technical services department
- Material resources department
- Post-secondary Studies
- Policies and directives
- Bulletin board
- Intranet login