Nunavimmi Pigiursavik Centre
Nunavik offers many career opportunities. Fully equipped classrooms are available at Nunavimmi Pigiursavik Vocational and Technical Training Centre.
Vocational and Technical Training is a unique way to acquire know-how geared to the realities of today's labour market.
* Nunavimmi Pigiursavik Centre
* The Residence
* Student Services
* Training Objectives
* Admission Forms
* Financial Aid
* Prior Education and Recognition of Work Experience
* School Calendar
* Admission Requirements for Vocational Training Programs
* Obtaining a Diploma
* Access to Programs not Offered in Nunavik
* Contacts and e-mail addresses
Nunavimmi Pigiursavik Centre
Nunavimmi Pigiursavik Centre is on a hill overlooking the river. It consists essentially of two large buildings, namely, the Centre and a residence for students from outside Inukjuak.
The Centre is made up of two sections. The taller, more spacious one is divided into two large multiple-purpose working areas which can quickly and easily be converted to accommodate various training programs requiring a large work area. Classrooms and two storage rooms, one for storage and the other for the distribution of supplies complete this section.
The other section is composed of theoretical training classrooms, a computer room, a day care centre, a television studio and offices.
Linking the two sections, an agora filled with sunshine affords students a pleasant gathering place, whether it be for a break, a short pause, a formal meeting or a special event.
The Residence comprises 26 housing units, a cafeteria for 80, a study hall, and a playroom. In addition to preparing food for students and visitors, the kitchen also serves as a training lab for students of professional cooking.
The Residence can accommodate single students and students with one or two children.
Student Animators offer support, and host activities every evening until 11 p.m. and all day on weekends.
- a readaptation agent ;
- student animators ;
- a student committee ;
- a daycare ;
- teachers ;
- support staff ;
two administrators .
Each of the programs seeks to develop skills, know-how and attitudes necessary for a career. Students learn to successfully carry out the tasks related to the profession they have chosen.
The admission form is available from the centre director in your school and from any Adult Education & Vocational Training Centre. You can also obtain it from your local KRG employment officer.
People who have to move to another municipality to take a program may be eligible for financial aid for housing and transportation, for themselves and their dependents (spouse / children). A weekly allowance will be added if the student does not have any other source of income.
Complete documentation on the rights and responsibilities of transfer students, as well as transfer application forms, are available from your school principal and from all Adult Education & Vocational Training Centres.
Prior Education and Recognition of Work Experience
The record of each student is studied individually. In some Vocational Training Programs, students can advance more quickly in the program because of their work experience.
Vocational Training generally runs from the end of August to the middle of May, with a break at Christmas and Easter.
Students in General Education begin when they are ready and available. They may enroll at any time.
Admission Requirements for Vocational Training Programs
With a view toward facilitating their access to Vocational Training Programs, the following requirements apply to those students who are part of the Kativik School Board.
You can enroll for the programs if you qualify under ONE of the following conditions :
- You hold a Secondary School Diploma (SSD), or;
- You have successfully completed Secondary IV, or;
- You are at least 16 years of age as of September 30 of the present school year and have successfully completed the required units of Secondary IV in Inuktitut as a mother tongue, a second language and mathematics, or;
- You are at least 18 years of age when you begin training and have successfully completed the required units of Secondary III in Inuktitut as a mother tongue, a second language and mathematics, or;
- In the case of students who are 18 years of age or older when beginning training and who haven't been registered in the youth sector in the previous six months, the prerequisites are determined on a case-by-case basis from an analysis of the student’s record. This analysis takes into account academic equivalencies, work experience, fluency in the language of instruction as well as the student’s personal motivation.
Obtaining a Diploma
Upon completing their studies in:
General Education, students will receive a Secondary School Diploma (SSD), recognized by the Ministère de l'Éducation du Loisir et du Sport (MELS).
Vocational Training, students will receive a Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS), recognized by the Ministère de l'Éducation du Loisir et du Sport (MELS).
Access to Programs not Offered in Nunavik
There are a variety of courses available at the secondary, college and university levels. Residents of Nunavik can register for these programs if the courses are not offered locally.
- CONTACT US BY EMAIL:
- CONTACT US BY PHONE OR MAIL:
P.O. Box # 326
Inukjuak, Québec JOM 1MO
(819) 254-8247 or (819) 254-8686
(819) 254-8595 (FX)
- Kativik School Board Student Services at 1-800-361-2244
All interested persons can also obtain the necessary information by contacting the principal of their school.
Employees of Nunavimmi Pigiursavik:
Audio-Visual Technician :
- Our organization
- Kativik School Board
- Commissioners’ council and executive committee
- General administration
- School operations department
- Regular Sector Schools
- Akulivik - Tukisiniarvik School
- Aupaluk - Tarsakallak School
- Inukjuak - Innalik School
- Ivujivik - Nuvviti School
- Kangiqsualujjuaq - Ulluriaq School
- Kangiqsujuaq - Arsaniq School
- Kangirsuk - Sautjuit School
- Kuujjuaq - Jaanimmarik and Pitakallak Schools
- Kuujjuaraapik - Asimauttaq School
- Puvirnituq - Ikaarvik and Iguarsivik Schools
- Quaqtaq - Isummasaqvik School
- Salluit - Pigiurvik and Ikusik Schools
- Tasiujaq - Ajagutak School
- Umiujaq - Kiluutaq School
- Complementary Services
- Education services
- Training and research
- Adult Education
- Human resources and payroll department
- Finance and technical services department
- Material resources department
- Post-secondary Studies
- Policies and directives
- Bulletin board
- Intranet login