Teaching positions

Teaching Positions :

Teachers certified in other countries

All applications must:

  • be made in writing with the mention of the competition number or the desired position
  • include a resume
  • include a complete address along with a telephone number and an e-mail address
  • include proof of teaching certification if applying for a teaching position
Please note that in order to apply you must be a Canadian citizen or have a permanent resident status








Teaching positions - Bank of candidates

Applications for teaching positions will be accepted throughout the year.

Apply to the Kativik school Board at teaching@kativik.qc.ca
This e-mail address is valid only for the bank of candidates

The following documents are required:
- An introduction letter;
- An updated curriculum vitae which clearly indicates:

  • Your complete address including postal code and telephone number.
  • Your legal teaching qualification from a Canadian province (or in the process of being completed)
  • Your diploma and the field of speciality (primary level, special education, etc.) and the year of graduation
  • Name and location of attended institutions
  • The history of your relevant experience


The candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by telephone. Please do not call.

Please note that in order to apply you must be a Canadian citizen or have a permanent resident status.


Teaching positions – Annual recruitment campaign for the next school year and specific positions

During the annual teacher recruitment campaign and at any other time during the year for specific positions, the School Board will advertise openings in newspapers (The Globe & Mail, La Presse, etc.) and on our website: Current Openings .

To apply, follow the instructions indicated in the posting. Include the competition number on both your cover letter and resume. Note that we will not accept resumes by e-mail.

Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.

Candidates wishing to confirm receipt of their application must use a courier service.

For more information consult our handbook: Teaching in Nunavik (a PDF document).

Please note that in order to apply you must be a Canadian citizen or have a permanent resident status.

Teachers certified in other countries

The Quebec Ministry of Education, Leisure and Sport (MELS) requires that all teachers who have studied outside Canada must request an evaluation of their credentials from the Province of Quebec. Only then will the Ministry be able to study your file for the issuing of a Teaching Permit (valid for the province of Quebec).

You can obtain such an evaluation from the Government du Quebec
or call at 514-864-9191 (Montreal area) or toll free at 1-877-864-9191 elsewhere in Quebec)

Once you have your evaluation in hand, you should contact the Quebec Education Ministry's Teacher Certification Department located in Quebec City at (418) 646-6581 to obtain a teaching permit or visit their website http://www.education.gouv.qc.ca/en/teachers/teaching-in-quebec/teaching-authorizations/ under "Autorisation d'enseigner".