Kajusivik Centre, Kuujjuaq
Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS)
|Applications accepted year-round||Individualized instruction|
Nature of work
- Complete accounting tasks such as calculating, preparing, and processing invoices and receipts for various types of businesses, handling cash, preparing payrolls, determining the cost of goods and services, producing individual income tax returns, and implementing an accounting system
- Produce tables and graphs, format accounting-related correspondence, and apply information related to business legislation
- Communicate in English and French in an accounting context, both verbally and in writing
This profession is ideal for someone who meets the following criteria:
- Has a sense of professional ethics and discretion
- Can perform calculations with ease
- Enjoys working on a computer
- Has strong organizational skills
- Enjoys office tasks
General Admissions Requirements
Candidate must meet one of the following:
- Persons holding a Secondary School Diploma or its recognized equivalent, for example, an Attestation of Equivalence of Secondary V studies, or a postsecondary diploma such as the Diploma of College Studies or a Bachelor’s degree.
- Persons who are at least 16 years of age on September 30 of the school year in which their training is to begin and have earned the Secondary IV credits in language of instruction, second language and mathematics in the programs of study established by the Minister, or have been granted recognition for equivalent learning.
- Persons who are at least 18 years of age upon entry into the program and have the following functional prerequisites*: the successful completion of the General Development Test, or recognition of equivalent learning.
- Persons who have obtained Secondary III credits in language of instruction, second language and mathematics in programs established by the Minister are required to pursue general education courses, concurrently with their vocational training, in order to obtain the Secondary IV credits they lack in language of instruction, second language and mathematics in programs established by the Minister.