Care Assistance in Private Seniors’ Residence
Nunavimmi Piguirsavik Centre, Inukjuak
|Skills Training Certificate (STC)
|Registration currently closed
Apply now to be included on the waiting list
|Instruction in a group|
Nature of work
- Attendants assist independent or semi-independent seniors.
- Assist residents with the activities of daily living, such as those involving moving around, hygiene, dressing and so forth.
- Prevent infections and contamination, and look after the well-being and safety of the residents
This profession is ideal for someone who meets the following criteria:
- Respect the dignity of clients and consider each one as a whole
- Perform tasks responsibly as a member of the work team
- Respect the confidential nature of the information disclosed by clients and exercise discretion
- Watch over their own health and safety as well as that of clients
- Act in accordance with professional ethics in special situations
General Admissions Requirements
Candidate must satisfy one of the following condition in each category (A and B) :
- Persons must have obtained at least Secondary III credits or their equivalent in language of instruction, second language and mathematics.
- Persons must have passed the General Development Test (GDT) without specific prerequisites.
- Persons must have stopped their full-time studies for at least 12 months.
- Persons must be 18 years old at the time they begin the training program.
- Persons must hold a Secondary School Diploma (SSD) or a Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS) or the equivalent.