Construction Equipment Mechanics
Nunavimmi Pigiursavik Centre, Inukjuak
Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS)
|Applications accepted year-round||80% of the training is in the shop|
Nature of work
- Perform equipment inspections, repairs, maintenance, and adjustments
- Carry out equipment tests
- Solve mechanical issues
- Understand and apply safety rules
This profession is ideal for someone who meets the following criteria:
- Enjoys work that involves creating, building, and repairing
- Has good analytical skills
- Enjoys manual work
- Has strong physical abilities
- Can identify problems using logic
- Is keen to learn how construction equipment works and how to repair and replace parts
General Admissions Requirements
Candidate must meet one of the following:
- Persons holding a Secondary School Diploma or its recognized equivalent, for example, an Attestation of Equivalence of Secondary V studies, or a post-secondary diploma such as the Diploma of College Studies or a Bachelor’s degree.
- Persons who are at least 16 years of age on September 30 of the school year in which their training is to begin and have earned the Secondary IV credits in language of instruction, second language and mathematics in the programs of study established by the Minister, or have been granted recognition for equivalent learning.
- Persons who are at least 18 years of age upon entry into the program and have the following functional prerequisites*: the successful completion of the General Development Test, or recognition of equivalent learning.
- Persons who have obtained Secondary III credits in language of instruction, second language and mathematics in programs established by the Minister are required to pursue general education courses, concurrently with their vocational training, in order to obtain the Secondary IV credits they lack in language of instruction, second language and mathematics in programs established by the Minister.
* Language of Instruction
|3101-1 + 3102-2