Nunavimmi Pigiursavik Centre, Inukjuak
Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS)
|Registration currently closed
Apply now to be included on the waiting list
Nature of work
- Safely use cooking tools and equipment
- Choose appropriate cooking techniques
- Prepare raw ingredients
- Make soups, basic pasta, hors d’oeuvres, pastries, desserts, and decorated cold buffet tables
- Prepare the mise en place and serve various menus
This profession is ideal for someone who meets the following criteria:
- Has excellent manual and finger dexterity
- Works well with others and under pressure
- Has acute senses of smell and taste
- Can cope with a hot work environment
- Is in good physical shape
- Enjoys artistic creation
General Admissions Requirements
Candidate must meet one of the following:
- Persons holding a Secondary School Diploma or its recognized equivalent, for example, an Attestation of Equivalence of Secondary V studies, or a post-secondary diploma such as the Diploma of College Studies or a Bachelor’s degree.
- Persons who are at least 16 years of age on September 30 of the school year in which their training is to begin and have earned the Secondary IV credits in language of instruction, second language and mathematics in the programs of study established by the Minister, or have been granted recognition for equivalent learning.
- Persons who are at least 18 years of age upon entry into the program and have the following functional prerequisites*: the successful completion of the General Development Test, or recognition of equivalent learning.
- Persons who have obtained Secondary III credits in language of instruction, second language and mathematics in programs established by the Minister are required to pursue general education courses, concurrently with their vocational training, in order to obtain the Secondary IV credits they lack in language of instruction, second language and mathematics in programs established by the Minister.
* Language of Instruction
|3101-1 + 3102-2