Recreation Leadership in Nunavik
Nunavimmi Pigiursavik Centre, Inukjuak
Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS)
Nature of work
- Organize recreational activities
- Carry out tasks involved in organizing special activities and events
- Carry out tasks pertaining to relationships in the workplace
- Use recreational equipment and facilities
- Promote safety in the workplace
This profession is ideal for someone who meets the following criteria:
- Has experience or an interest in leading and instructing groups and individuals in recreational, sports, fitness, or athletics programs
- Has experience or an interest in working in community centres, sports or fitness clubs, outdoor centres, recreational centres, healthcare facilities, retirement homes, penitentiaries, government departments, private businesses, tourism associations, or similar organizations
General Admissions Requirements
Candidate must meet one of the following:
- Persons holding a Secondary School Diploma or its recognized equivalent, for example, an Attestation of Equivalence of Secondary V studies, or a post-secondary diploma such as the Diploma of College Studies or a Bachelor’s degree, and having a good knowledge of Inuktitut.
- Persons who are at least 16 years of age on September 30 of the school year in which their training is to begin and have earned the Secondary IV credits in language of instruction, second language and mathematics in the programs of study established by the Minister, or have been granted recognition for equivalent learning.
- Persons who are at least 18 years of age upon entry into the program, have a good knowledge of Inuktitut and have successfully completed the general development test, or have been granted recognition of equivalent learning.
Note: For programs of study in this category, persons may continue their general education courses concurrently with their vocational training provided that they have a good knowledge of Inuktitut and have earned at least the Secondary III credits in language of instruction, second language and mathematics in the programs established by the Minister or they are at least 18 years of age and have successfully completed the general development test (GDT).