In connection with the educational mission, the mandate of the Material Resources department is to support school institutions and other administrative units of the School Board within the scope of its responsibilities.
The Material Resources department manages about 200 buildings (primary and secondary schools, adult and vocational training centres, employee and student residences, distributed in fourteen communities in Nunavik and in Montreal.
The Material Resources department is responsible for all the programs and activities in the following fields:
- Building development and renovation
- Building maintenance and repair
- School transportation
- Air transportation of employees and their dependants
- Storage, air cargo, marine cargo, and messenger service
- Energy management
- Procurement and call for tenders
* Any commitment made by a non-authorized employee with respect to a supplier is non-binding and will be considered as null.