Appointment of the President and Executive Committee members of Kativik Ilisarniliriniq
Montreal, Qc. (December 7, 2020) – Members of Council of Commissioners of Kativik Ilisarniliriniq (KI) elected on November 18 are holding their first meeting this week in Kuujjuaq, from December 7 to 10.
During this first sitting of the Council, the Commissioners elected the President, the Vice-President and two other members of the Executive Committee from amongst themselves. Also note that on November 24, Elisapie Aliqu Hubert was elected as Commissioners for Akulivik.
We are pleased to announce the names of the incumbents:
- KI President and Executive Committee member: Sarah Aloupa (Quaqtaq)
- KI Vice-President and Executive Committee member: Adamie Padlayat (Inukjuak)
- Executive Committee member: Sarah Beaulne (Puvirnituq)
- Executive Committee member: Martin Scott (Aupaluk)
- The Kativik Regional Government representative and Executive Committee member: Jennifer Hunter (Kuujjuaraapik).
* From left to right: Sarah Aloupa, Adamie Padlayat, Sarah Beaulne, Martin Scott and Jennifer Hunter.
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq was created in 1975, under the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA). Since 1978, it has been the exclusive provider of educational services to all Nunavik residents. Under the JBNQA, the school board also acts as an institution with unique powers and jurisdiction geared towards the protection and development of the Inuit language, culture, and way of life, through the delivery of tailored educational services and programs. The education programs developed by the school board are offered in all schools of the 14 Nunavik communities, in Inuktitut as first language and in French and English as second languages. The school board operates 17 primary and secondary schools as well as 5 adult education centres and a pre-college facility. More information can be found at: www.kativik.qc.ca
— 30 —
For information: Jade Duchesneau-Bernier, Communications Coordinator
514-482-8220 ext. 309 | firstname.lastname@example.org