You will be allowed to drive: Passenger vehicle.
- A driver’s licence is often requested, even required, to hold various jobs by companies operating in Nunavik.
- The driver’s licence is a prerequisite for many training courses, including some vocational training courses such as heavy equipment operator.
- A driver’s licence is required to drive a car outside of Nunavik on the Quebec or Canadian road network.
- A driver’s licence is also required to rent a vehicle down south.
The course will be divided as follows:
- 16 hours of theory
- 8 hours of mechanical inspection
- 30 hours of practical driving
- 2 hours of exams
This training (driving theory, practical sessions, exam preparation and examinations) is for any person wishing to obtain a standard Class 5 driver’s licence. This course will follow the training content and standards issued by the Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec (SAAQ):
- to establish the profile of a safe, cooperative and responsible driver;
- to successfully handle a passenger vehicle;
- to successfully share the road with others;
- to use the road network dependably and responsibly.