Nunavik-IcE is a digital platform providing a community space where educational resources are shared and developed. These resources are rooted in the Nunavik environment, Inuit kinship values and communities.
A diverse library of educational resources
Nunavik-IcE builds an encyclopedic pool of resources for teachers and learners to interact with. These resources are aligned to the curriculum.
Ready to explore?
Visit our platform Nunavik-IcE ‣‣‣
The Education Services team works with teachers, elders and knowledge holders to:
- curate and source educational content;
- train and support contributors;
- ensure that tools and resources featured on the platform represent Nunavimmiut.
For teachers, the benefits are the following:
- lesson plans designed with an Inuit-centred approach that align well with the required Quebec Education Program;
- a professional community of Nunavik teachers with whom to exchange ideas and resources, building better practices in the classroom and through a variety of approaches that represent the students’ needs and identity;
- the ability to contribute local knowledge of land, language, and community to the wider region, and uniquely to students in a specific community;
- additional learning materials from which to develop activities that are grounded by the Kativik vision of education.
For students, the benefits are the following:
- a curated progression of learning activities from which to build knowledge and skills expected for class and for personal interest;
- practice exercises to improve success at school in a variety of disciplines and topics;
- a lexicon of Inuktitut terminology relating to a variety of subjects;
- a place to share artwork and projects, and connect with students across Nunavik.
For parents, the benefits are the following:
- basic at-home strategies and activities for supporting a child’s success at school;
- materials for the dissemination of knowledge related to land activities done with kin;
- a lexicon of Inuktitut terminology relating to a variety of subjects.