Acquire these specialized skills and start working! Hours completed count toward apprenticeship. You have the option to accumulate credits for a Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS) in Carpentry.
This training will support your professional advancement. It is designed for individuals new to the trade and will also meet the needs of seasoned construction workers.
During the training, you will acquire skills that will prepare you to:
- Plan out work
- Construct a truss jig
- Mark, cut and assemble roof components
- Install trusses, rafters and struts
- Install sheathing
- Build dormers
- Install architectural elements and accessories
- Install flashing and shingles (asphalt and metal)
- Verify the quality of work
Candidates must meet certain criteria.