Acquire these specialized skills and start working! Hours completed count toward apprenticeship. You have the option to accumulate credits for a Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS) in Carpentry.
This training will support your professional advancement. It is designed for individuals new to the trade and will also meet the needs of seasoned construction workers.
During the training, you will acquire skills that will prepare you to:
- Work with given drawings and specifications
- Work on prepared surfaces
- Work based on information from the National Building Code of Canada
- Use the necessary tools, power tools, equipment, products and materials
- Install door and window frames
- Cover architectural elements (door and window contours) with aluminum
- Install flashings and mouldings
- Install exterior wood, vinyl and wood fibre finishing
- Finish eaves and overhangs
- Caulk around openings and intersections
- Verify the quality of work