Are you passionate about the latest fashion trends and enjoy advising people on how to style their hair? This program is for you!
You’ll be able to:
- Develop knowledge, skills and the attitudes needed to use hygiene, health and safety rules and measures linked to the use of caustic and corrosive products.
- Analyze the scalp and hair.
- Advise the customer on a style that suits their personality.
- Know hair dyeing techniques.
- Accomplish hair cutting, shaping and styling tasks.
- Accomplish complimentary tasks such as trimming and shaving of beards, sideburns, and moustaches.
- Accomplish reception and sales tasks.
Candidates must meet one of the following:
Persons holding a Secondary School Diploma or its recognized equivalent, for example, an Attestation of Equivalence of Secondary V studies, or a postsecondary diploma such as the Diploma of College Studies or a Bachelor’s degree.
Persons who are at least 16 years of age on September 30 of the school year in which their training is to begin and have earned the Secondary IV credits in language of instruction, second language and mathematics in the programs of study established by the Minister, or have been granted recognition of equivalent learning.
Persons who are at least 18 years of age upon entry into the program and have the following functional prerequisites: the successful completion of the General Development Test, or recognition of equivalent learning.
- Language of Instruction
Adult Sector: 1101-4 (1062-3)
Youth Sector: 632-306 (630-316)
Persons who have obtained Secondary III credits in language of instruction, second language and mathematics in programs established by the Minister are required to pursue general education courses, concurrently with their vocational training, in order to obtain the Secondary IV credits they lack in language of instruction, second language and mathematics in programs established by the Minister.